5 Quick TGIF Weekend Getaways
Michigan has a little bit of everything: small cities, big towns, river fronts, beaches, national parks, and even places with no internet! If you're looking for a weekend getaway with the family, consider one of these locations!
1. Holland, Michigan has several beaches, parks, and lakes, too—take a cruise for close-up views and great photos of Holland Harbor Light, otherwise known as the Big Red Lighthouse. Parents—Holland also has a hip downtown scene that’s well-known for its breweries and distilleries.
2. Frankenmuth, Michigan has a cozy, quaint vibe and its Bavarian-style architecture that will make you feel like you've been transported to northern Europe and back. It also has a distinct romantic energy making it a great spot for a romantic day trip with your significant other.
3. Want to get away but also want to avoid a long drive? Head out to Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan. Belle Isle has a variety of activities ranging from the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory to multiple fishing piers.
4. Ann Arbor, Michigan is typically thought of as a college town but they have way more to offer than the awesome U of M football games. If you explore Ann Arbor, you'll find super nice metro parks and even a creature conservatory.
5. Northville, Michigan will enchant you with its small town charm. Northville will give you a traditional hometown feel with an added twist of…sophisticated art galleries, wine shops, the latest fashions, and culinary delights!
With so much to do and so much to see, get out and explore- the world is yours!